The CIO is responsible for developing and implementing technology and process improvement solutions that accelerate revenue growth, increase profitability, and create sustainable competitive differentiation within the business. The CIO will employ an evolving strategy for responding to changes and continuously explore innovation opportunities across TNAA’s business model. As a strategic business partner to the CEO, the Chief Innovation Officer will manage all IT resources within TNAA and partner with third party resources to enhance internal systems as well as client oriented interfaces. The CIO will ensure peak performance from the IT, Process Improvement and Project Management teams while also working cross-functionally with executive leadership directly responsible for production, operations, finance/accounting and HR/training. As the IT and strategic innovation leader, the CIO will foster a team-based culture and strive for excellence across all operations.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
Education and Experience:
The CIO must have an undergraduate degree. MBA or degree in Technology preferred but not required. 10+ years of technology and leadership experience required. Private equity based experience is a plus. In addition, TNAA has a preference for experience in healthcare staffing, but experience in either healthcare or staffing is acceptable. The CIO thrives in a professional services environment and has a high level of entrepreneurial drive as well as a long history of demonstrated success in managing innovation initiatives and ensuring the organization meets its objectives. Senior executive experience and change management expertise is essential.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strategic problem solver and decision maker. Capable of articulating the goals and progress of the organization.
• Creative. Open to innovative ideas from other senior leadership
• Partners with other senior leadership to nurture the firm’s operational and financial performance and growth
• Fosters collaborative interactions with senior leadership and clients
• Ability to understand the roles people play in the organization and to use that understanding to achieve objectives and to establish alliances
• Dedicated to the highest level of customer service
• Highest ethical standards in all internal or external client interactions
• Self-motivator that demonstrates enthusiasm, and a drive for continuous improvement
• Possesses an abundance of passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and maintains a positive outlook
• Exercises sound judgment and makes timely decisions
• Detail oriented individual focused on gathering accurate and current information
TNAA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance plans that start the first day of employment. TNAA also offers short-term disability, accident insurance, critical illness, legal assistance, identity protection, pet coverage, 401K plan with employer match and a generous PTO plan that includes 8 paid holidays.
Travel Nurse Across America is a Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. TNAA is committed to the principal of equal opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. It is TNAA’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by applicable laws. TNAA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on any of these characteristics.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.