The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and clerical support to the QA Specialists by ensuring specific tasks are completed for pending assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are duties and responsibilities of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements of the job. Other functions may be assigned as business needs evolve.
1. Enter, process, and renew National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) registrations
2. Education verifications
3. Locating certification classes for Travelers (e.g. BLS, ACLS, PALS, AWHONN, and any other certification required for our pending starts)
4. Responsible for completing E-verify (Form I-9) and completing reverification for rehires
5. Primary for saving traveler documents
6. Retrieving and saving background check results and occupational health documentation from vendor sites
7. Complete license verifications and monthly compliance sanction searches through various websites
1. Maintain and update special file and records.
2. Assume all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least six (6) months experience in a similar role. Experience with responsibilities listed for the QA Assistant I is preferred.
TNAA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance plans that start the first day of employment. TNAA also offers short-term disability, accident insurance, critical illness, legal assistance, identity protection, pet coverage, 401K plan with employer match and a generous PTO plan that includes 8 paid holidays.
Travel Nurse Across America is a Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. TNAA is committed to the principal of equal opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. It is TNAA’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by applicable laws. TNAA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on any of these characteristics.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.