4 Unique Travel Nursing Locations
When many people think of travel nursing for the first time, they think of traveling to remote, exotic locations outside of the United States. However, there are so many interesting travel nursing assignments located across America that are far from boring. At Travel Nurse Across America, we have hundreds of exciting travel nursing assignments across the nation. Keep reading to learn about four assignment locations we have openings in that are anything but ordinary.
Little Rock, AR
Did you know that our corporate office is located in Little Rock, AR? This growing city features incredibly affordable living, a beautiful, walkable downtown, and plenty of local restaurants and entertainment. Due to a healthy economy and growing population, new eateries and entertainment venues open regularly, so there’s always something new to try. View our current assignment openings in Arkansas here.
Things To Do:
Catch a Travelers minor league baseball game at Dickey-Stephens Park. The stadium features views of the Rivermarket downtown and a one-of-a-kind mascot, Otey.
- Visit the Clinton Presidential Library downtown. Featuring ever-changing exhibits and an award-winning restaurant, visitors get an inside peak into the Clinton Presidency. Bonus, rent a bike downtown and take the Clinton Bridge to the Arkansas River Trail system for a unique view of the capital city.
- The Natural State is home to an abundance of state parks. Be sure to visit Pinnacle Mountain State Park for hiking and amazing views of the Arkansas River.
This beautiful city has beautiful landscapes and adventures for any traveler to explore. Tucson has a rich history and offers several museums, historic sites, hiking trails, and shopping. You’ll love Tucson’s mild climate, spectacular scenery, challenging high-desert golf courses, and exciting attractions. Tucson is one of the oldest towns in the United States and has something for everyone. View our current assignment openings in Arizona here.
Top Venues to Visit:
- Tucson is the astronomy center of the world! Visit the Kitt Peak National Observatory for stargazing along with amazing views of mountains and desert valleys.
- The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is rated as one of the top 10 museums in the country and the 1 attraction in Tucson by TripAdvisor. Experience their botanical gardens, zoo, art gallery, aquarium, and more!
- Have you heard of The Best 23 Miles of Mexican Food? Every year, Tucson has a 23 mile-long food festival which features the highest concentration of delicious Mexican food north of the border.
As the home of the University of Missouri Tigers, Columbia is often thought of as just a “college town,” but this city has so much more to offer! Columbia was listed as one of America’s most artistic towns by Expedia Viewfinder, and if you’re in to cycling, Columbia is ranked as one of the 50 best bike cities in the U.S. Gorgeous parks, a thriving downtown, delectable local cuisine, art galleries and shopping make Columbia shine, and it’s only about an hour and a half drive to the metropolitan hubs of St. Louis and Kansas City. View our current assignment openings in Missouri here.
Top Venues to Visit:
- Go to Rock Bridge Memorial State Park to experience over 2,200 acres of recreation. Here you can hike, camp, explore Connor’s Cave, or go horseback riding or fishing.
- Live like a local and visit the Ragtag Cinema. It’s a local, nonprofit movie theater that supports independent film and media producers. The theater offers about 12 movies per month, special events, a bakery, and a bar.
- If you’re a foodie, be sure to check out Columbia Culinary Tours. Learn about the rich history of Columbia while savoring some of the best food the city has to offer. Each tour stops at five to seven local restaurants and participants have the opportunity to meet the owners and sample their culinary creations.
Located on the beautiful saltwater banks of the Puget Sound, it’s no wonder over 200,000 people are drawn to this city for its affordable cost of living, gorgeous views of Mt. Rainier, and the short drive to Seattle. Tacoma is known for its famous glass art, urban culture, sophisticated eateries, performing arts and exciting nightlife. View our current assignment openings in Washington here.
Top Venues to Visit:
- The Tacoma Museum District has six museums featuring a variety of historical art, classic automobiles, and magnificent glass art, including the spectacular Chihuly Bridge of Glass.
- Visit The Broadway Center For The Performing Arts to see a variety of live performances. Enjoy the Opera, City Ballet, Philharmonic, Concert Band, the Symphony, and other exhibitions and festivals.
- The Point Defiance Zoo + Aquarium is no average zoo, it’s the only combined zoo and aquarium in the Pacific Northwest. With 29 acres of exhibits, forests, special events, views of the Puget Sound, Mount Rainer, and the Cascade Mountains, you won’t want to miss this one!
At Travel Nurse Across America, we offer an array of exciting assignments to choose from, nationwide. Whether you are looking for peaceful relaxation or active adventures, TNAA offers jobs that will enrich your nursing career and provide memories for years to come. What are you waiting for? Now is the perfect time to find your dream assignment!